Friday 6 January 2017

Outdoor Sketching Day 7

Today I did my first color study from life. This painting was done at the Vijayawada railway station. There's this place in the station where all the train engines and compartments stop by, probably for repairs and maintenance I guess. The place itself is just a 5 minutes walk from where I live. I really liked the colors of this one engine, so I painted it. It took more time than I had expected. By the time I almost finished the painting, the light has gone down and I was surrounded by mosquitoes. But I was happy with the result considering the fact that it was my first painting on location, and I enjoyed the process very much.  Unfortunately, the scan on my painting doesn't match the original very much. I should learn how to make my scans look closer to the original paintings.


No comments:

Post a Comment