Wednesday 15 February 2017

Broken

Few years after I decided to be a professional artist, I enrolled on Smarter Art School for a mentorship with Todd Lockwood. This was my first actual art training back in 2014. It was a 12 weeks course and I learned quite a bit about art and many things related to it. During this period, I have struggled quite a bit because I didn't have any formal art training before. It felt like no matter what I did, I just couldn't make my paintings work. It felt like everything is falling apart and there was nothing I could do about it but hold on. And all that frustrations resulted in this painting. I painted most of this under the guidance of Todd, but I didn't finish it by the end of the course.

Yesterday evening, a stray dog passed away in front of the house I live in. Some asshole ran over that dog with a vehicle. And I couldn't do anything to save that dog's life. It was the worst feeling to be in a position where I couldn't do anything. I hated it. To vent off that feeling, I got back to this painting and finished it. I will never forget this incident and all I can do is try and reach a position where I wouldn't be helpless to help someone.


No comments:

Post a Comment